Posted in Sea Salt ChickBean Crisps
Author: The Roasted Root
Serves: 3 cups
- 2 cups raw cashews, soaked overnight
- 1 cup cauliflower florets, steamed
- 1 clove garlic
- ⅓ cup lemon juice
- ⅔ to 1 cup unsweetened almond milk or cashew milk (see instructions)
- 3 tablespoons nutritional yeast
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- Place the raw cashews in a bowl and cover them with 2 inches of water. Leave on the counter to soak overnight. Strain and pat dry.
- Steam the cauliflower for 5 to 8 minutes, until tender when poked with a fork.
- Add all ingredients for the queso to a blender or food processor. Start with ⅔ cup almond milk and use up to 1 cup if necessary. Note: adjusting the amount of almond milk determines the thickness of the queso. For a very thick queso, use ½ cup almond milk.
- Blend until completely smooth and no clumps are visible.
- Serve queso with Saffron Road chips or crackers.