Author: My Halal Kitchen
- 20 ounces button mushrooms (2 small packages)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup arborio rice
- ½ c half & half
- 1.5 cups Saffron Road Artisanal Chicken Broth
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon fresh curly parsley, chopped
- Parmesan cheese
- Wash mushrooms thoroughly by placing in a bowl with fresh cool water. Swish the mushrooms around and rub the tops with your thumbs to remove any dirt. Lift the mushrooms out of the water as opposed to pouring the water out. Brush off any excess dirt with a towel and dry them completely so they will brown properly when cooking.
- In a large Dutch oven or pot, heat the butter over medium flame. When it froths, add the olive oil, mushrooms and garlic, cook until all of the liquid from the mushrooms evaporate completely and they begin to brown.
- Add the rice and cook for about 1-2 minutes, stirring the whole time. Add the half and half, broth, salt, pepper and parsley. Cook, uncovered, for 20 minutes, stirring continuously. Cover with a lid to finish cooking, about an additional 5-10 minutes on low.
- Remove from heat and sprinkle with freshly grated Parmesan cheese upon serving.