Author: The Roasted Root
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- ½ medium yellow onion, finely chopped
- 2 large carrots, peeled and chopped
- 3 large stalks celery, chopped
- 3 small gold potatoes, peeled and chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons Italian Seasoning
- ½ teaspoon oregano
- ½ teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- 1 (14-ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 (32-ounce) carton Saffron Road Vegetable broth
- 1 (14-ounce) can kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (14-ounce) can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- Add the olive oil, onion, carrots, celery, and potatoes to a large pot or Dutch oven and heat to medium-high. Sauté, stirring occasionally, until veggies begin to soften, about 10 minutes.
- Add garlic and seasoning, sauté 2 to 4 minutes, until garlic is fragrant.
- Add diced tomatoes, vegetable broth and beans. (Note: if desired, add ½ cup pasta noodles now). Bring to full boil. Cover, reduce heat, simmer 15 minutes or until vegetables are cooked through.